Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Look what God is doing!!!

Hello all! It has been a month since my last blog update and so much stuff has happened. This past week my parents visited and really enjoyed their stay. The weather was kind of rough though, pretty much rainy, cold, and windy every day, only one day of snow when they were here. It was really good to have them here, their first time in another country! Our international service has grown quickly in just one week. Two weeks ago we only had about 8 people at the service. This past week we had 30 show up, mostly all university students. They were from America, Sweden, Ireland, Canada, Sweden, Germany, Korea, and China. Next Sunday we will begin having our service with a worship band i've put together here to create a service with some more energy to it. Pray for us as we try to become more organized to lead people in worship, challenge believers, and open up the hearts of the non-believers. I also started one of my University classes here this week. It's a history class about the contemporary middle east and there is a big diversity of students in the class. There are people from Pakistan, Iran, Nigeria, Austria, Sweden, and me the only America. About half the class is muslims so pray that God will use me to shine the light of Christ in their lives as well. There are three people in particular God has put me in contact with who have no relationship with Him that I want to ask all of you to be praying for. A chinese girl who i've mentioned many times before. She doesn't have any type of faith at the moment, but is very interested in Christianity. We gave her a Chinese Bible for Christmas and soon I will start meeting with her to see where she is in this whole process and spend some time looking at what God's Word says about a relationship with Him. Pray for her as she is very curious! Last week I also met two guys in different places. One guy named Daniel I met on the train and me and my parents shared with him about Christ. We could see that he is really seeking truth, but he has a lot of philosophical objections to the truth's of Christianity because of some bad teachings from churches in his past. Pray for him as I continue to share with Him. Pray that God gives me wisdom so that I can exactly what to speak into Daniel's life. Also I met a guy named Anil from Nepal which is near India. He said that his parents are Buddhist, but he himself has no religion. I met him at a music cafe we had at the University where people could find out about the local churches and the ministries there, so I believe he is seeking. He seems like a nice guy, always happy and want to come to our international service so pray for him as well! Another exciting thing has been our street church ministry on Friday nights. We go out late at night on the streets of Växjö and hand out free coffee, tea, and cookies at a table we have set up just to show God's kindness and love to people. If they want to talk about God, we let them initiate the conversation and suprisingly so many people want to talk about God. Some of them are drunk and some sober, but we are still planting seeds of faith and have even had the opportunity to pray for some people right there on the streets. Keep praying that God will use this ministry and that the believing Swedes that join us will have boldness and not be shy about sharing their faith. Pray for all of us to have boldness and courage as we fight the attacks of the enemy and fight to share the love of Christ with those who have no hope!
I would also like to ask all of you to pray for my financial needs. Everything is moving forward here which encourages me that God wants me to be here at least until my permit ends in the last part of July. To be able to do that however, I need to my financial support to increase. If you have the ability to support this ministry in Sweden, it would be much appreciated. For all of you that pray, read my blogs, and support me financially thank you for partnering with me in this ministry. Your part is just as essential as what God is having me do. Thank you all very much and God bless! Let me know how you all are doing as well. Send me an e-mail to WMoody1471@musician.org. Also check out all of my recently updated pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/17394877@N05/.

God bless,

Adam

No comments: