Friday, March 20, 2009

February & March 2009

Recently as I was walking around the University campus here in the town of Växjö where i'm working at as a missionary, I just felt the desire from God to do more on the University campus. I felt the desire that God wants me to reach people where they are at and not just try to find so many innovative ways to get them to our church services that are miles away from the University. I prayed that God would start giving me new ideas then on how to be more proactive about sharing my faith at the university as well as encouraging the other believers to do it. Of course everytime you take a step forward in the direction God wants you to go the devil is going to use someone or something to try and stop it. I recently found out that it is actually against school policy at this university to evangelize on campus for any religious group and somehow they call this freedom of religion?? Seems to me to be the opposite. I would be okay if they let all religious groups evangelize and then call that freedom of religion because that's what it consist of. Obviously they don't have the same idea here in Sweden. However, I found out that we can still do things shrewdly. It is okay if people have questions for us about God and it's even okay to have an educational showing of a movie about Jesus and if people have questions we can answer all we want to. The rule I found out was to prohibit people from outright having like protest type evangelizm where you hold signs up and throw Bible's at people (which personally I don't think that draws people into Christ, but pushes people away).
We have started back up once a week handing out free breakfast sandwiches and coffee in one of the main buildings at the university once a week. This has been a great opportunity for us to be able to just show God's love with students through a free gift and then many have questions about why we do this and then the have follow up questions about God. Pray for us that God will use us weekly to build relationships with students that come by and be able to tell them about God's love for them in Jesus! I have been very busy lately with a lot of opportunities to lead worship at church which has been exciting. I prayed that God will give me more opportunities to use these musical gifts more and actually in the next few weeks also I have a lot of opportunities to lead worship. Also, April 1-3 we will have something at the University called Christ Days. Basically it's 3 days of different events and meetings on campus. Some worship services, Bible studies and prayer times. We are starting out by having a full day of prayer on April 1 as we believe that is the foundation for everything we do here, laying it in the hands of God. An event like this has never been done at this University. Pray that the Christian students at the campus would be bold enough to be a part of these days and that we can also reach out to the non-Christian students and share God's love with them.
We also have a home group again this semester that meets weekly and it's been really exciting lately! I really feel God is using this group to grow us all and encourage us in our faith. Another exciting opportunity came about a week ago as some guys from my parents new church came here to visit with me and see the work going on here. It was really great to have some people come here and pray with me and check out what God is doing in Sweden. I'm very thankful for their encouragement. Lastly, in about 11 weeks I will be going home again to do another summer fundraising campaign. To be able to continue here in Sweden and have a future here I really need to be at a much better place financially. I know God is faithful and has always provided for my needs. I would just ask all of you to pray for me that God will provide that I can have a future ministry here in Sweden. It feels as if things are just getting started and that there is a lot more work to be done here. This summer I will be trying to find 50 people to commit $25 a month in partnership to this ministry. I would also ask maybe some of you to pray to see if God leads you to become one of these partners. Thank you all so much for your continued prayers. Let me know how all of you are doing as well. I also put up a few new pictures on my pictures website. You can find the link to that website on the right side of this page. Let me know how I can be praying for all of you as well!

God bless,

Adam Moody
Project Sweden

No comments: