Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer 2009 in the USA

June 1st I left my home in Sweden to come back to the US just for the summer time to spend some time with family and friends, but mostly to do more fundraising building up my financial partnerships. I have been home now for 5 1/2 weeks and have seen God do great things with my financial support levels increasing. I'm about half way to my goal of getting $2000 a month more in support so that I can go back to Sweden and continue the ministry there more long term. I definitely have to say that summer in GA is much different than summer in Sweden, but coming home to GA to 90+ degrees Fahrenheit (they use Celsius in Sweden) temperatures has been nice. It feels good not to have to put a jacket on and long pants every time I walk inside. At the same time the air in Sweden is much more fresh as we have less pollution and more rain there as well, so it's kind of bitter sweet being home as usual. I am so thankful that God has provided above and beyond for me in so many ways more than I could ever think or imagine. Fundraising is definitely not the easiest part of being a missionary, but I've found that it can be something to look forward to as I share with people, churches, and businesses about the work God is doing in Sweden and how they can partner with this storing up for themselves treasures in heaven the will last forever. We all have our part to play in bringing people into a relationship with God through Jesus and encouraging the believers around the world. We are all called to make disciples where we are at and for those of us God calls to go into other nations to do this as well, other's pray for this discipleship, and others fund this discipleship. Thank you all so much for your willingness to be a part of building God's kingdom locally and globally.
One of the opportunities I have had while I've been home was to go to Pascagoula, MS, a place hard hit by hurricane Katrina, and help a youth minister friend of mine do some ministry out there. He brought his youth group along with a few other youth groups to that city to do some backyard Bible clubs to connect children and their parents to a local church there. I had the opportunity in the mornings and evenings of leading worship for these youth and also share with them about what God was doing with this ministry in Sweden. I even taught them part of a worship song in Swedish. I am posting pictures of this time in MS on my pictures website so check out the link on the right side of this page to see those pictures and a video of these youth singing the chorus to "How Great is Our God" in Swedish with me.
I will be leaving to head back to Sweden around August 13th, but I have a lot to do before I leave. I really want to be able to leave this time fully funded and up to budget. In the next few weeks I have left I will be speaking to many individuals, businesses and churches about these partnerships. If any of you know any person, or church, or business that might be interested in contributing to this ministry, please let me know.
Lastly this summer I have the privilege of being ordained at my home church Eagles Landing First Baptist Church in McDonough, GA. I'm not sure of the exact date yet, but it will be closer to the time I leave. I'm excited about having the opportunity because this is a big encouragement for me having my home church more "officially" behind the calling God has give me to minister in Sweden. If you would like more information about when this will take place you can e-mail me at WMoody1471@hotmail.com.
Again thank you all for all of your prayers and partnership!

God bless,

Adam Moody

P.S. If you didn't get my last update letter, let me know and I'll send it to you through e-mail. It's an exciting update as 3 guys from Afghanistan received Christ and got baptized right before I left to come home and one of their stories is on this update!

No comments: